Monday, February 4, 2008

Etienne Aigner Amsterdam Large Satchel


You're looking at my latest leather acquisition - the Etienne Aigner Amsterdam Double-Handle Large Satchel.

The construction is impecable, and the color is divine - my photo does not do it justice. The shade is a much deeper shade of cognac...just gorgeous.

So what's in my bag? Let's see...three pens, a small notebook, a paperback novel, my Coach wallet, keys, a cd, iPod Touch, , lipliner and gloss, two bills and some gum. But there's room for so much more! This bag is ideal for toting a large make-up bag, a textbook or two, lunch, and any other odds and ends you find yourself in need of.

Growing up, I never much cared about leather bags or long-term usability. I was often distracted by the trendy, small and often colorful vessels. I was seduced by bags that were flagrantly displayed front and center of department stores. I was into whatever was popularly mass-produced.

Today, I'm older and I know better. My choices are my own and now I am impressed and taken with excellent quality, soft, supple materials and longevity.

PHOTO CREDIT: le bon sac

No comments: